Friday, January 6, 2012

Yesterday I found myself walking to the Library during supper. ( we were having a Senior class meeting) I carefully walk up the stairs balancing my plate with humus and pitta bread on it, and my computer in the other hand. I made it through the door and was surprised to see that I was the first person in there. I walked over to my seat and then felt the awful sensation of my plater slipping. Then everything went so fast and since I don't have the best since of balance I wasn't able to stop anything. The plate slipped upside down and bounced off the chair. I looked with horror at the mess. My black winter boot was splotched with Humus and the chair was covered too. The bouncing motion from hitting the chair had made the humus splotches spread far and wide over the floor. I felt embarrassed and worried as I immediately ran to get paper towels to clean up with. I wanted to have it clean before the rest of my classmates came in for obvious reasons. I scrubbed and scrubbed and had cleaned up about half the mess when I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Shannon. Suddenly, relief came to me because I knew that Shannon would neither get upset or look down. She rushed over and finished helping me clean up. Amaris soon came into help and between us we finished cleaning before anyone else came. What a relief. 
I have a new aspiration now. Just as I was relieved to have Shannon be the person to come in because I knew she would be kind, help, not make fun of the situation or awkwardly turn away. Amaris too. I want to be the person that people can count on to be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment