Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Dish Washer

I never realized just how much I appreciated the dish sprayer and washer in the cafe until just a couple of days ago. We all came in for work and were quite taken back when we found it broken. How were we supposed to wash all those dishes? Well, we found that rinsing and washing by hand was the answer to our problems. So we spent the next three hours with suds up to our elbows rinsing by hand, then washing by hand. The whole process took us three times longer then a regular dish washing period. 

However, it got me thinking about how important the seemingly unnoticeable things are. The dish washer saves me and my friends a lot of time, time we should be thankful for, but we hardly ever think about it. It wasn't until it was gone that we noticed how much we appreciated it. 

The people around us are so important too and so many times they are overlooked in the business of life.  We can't let the the people around us have to be gone for us to realize how important they are. I want to take time each day to realize how important the people God has placed in my life are. And I want them to know they are important too!

1 comment:

  1. Love your spirit of gratitude. "It wasn't until it was gone that we noticed how much we appreciated it." Very good observation. So is the presentation. I'm proud of you, Katie.

    ReplyDelete